WELCOME OUR NEW BOARD MEMBERS
|Jamie Garner||Secretary||I grew up in Renton and went to college at WSU. I graduated with a degree in Hospitality Business Management, and I now work as an Event Services Manager at The Golf Club at Newcastle. While attending college, I fell in love and a year after graduating we got married. We are now 5 years into our marriage and we have a 1 year old boy. We are very happy we chose Maple Valley for our first home and we look forward to many years in this community.|
|John Porter||Treasurer||I’m happy to serve on the Board. We arrived from Woodstock, Georgia to return home. I’m from Eugene, Oregon and my wife, Robin is from Enumclaw. We met while at the University of Washington. We have two adult children, a daughter in Portland and son over in Spokane. We enjoy all outdoor activities with sailing at the top of the list. It’s very nice to be home with lots of family in the local area.|
|Dan White||ACC Committee Member||Joined the Navy in 1999 out of Barlow, KY. Stationed in San Diego, CA, Kaneohe Bay, HI, and Oak Harbor, WA. Got out in 2008. Went to work in West TX. Then returned to PNW in 2011. Been in Maple Valley for the last 6 years with my wife Amy, 3 daughters and 1 son. My free time is spent working with the Girl Scouts, Ensemble Ballet Theatre, and Tee Ball.|
WELCOME BACK OUR RETURNING BOARD MEMBERS
|Shirley Evans||Vice President & ACC Committee Member|
|Mike Klokow||ACC Committee Member|
- Neighborhood Speeding: The LWHOA Board will be reviewing the “no cost” options provided to them by the City of Maple Valley. These options include Fog Lanes (Paint Application), Speed Bumps or Humps, Speed Limit Painted on the Road, and/or Short Term Installation of an Electronic Speed Sign.
- No Soliciting: The LWHOA Board has approved the installation of new “No Soliciting” signage. With this signage in place, per the Maple Valley Municipal Code, Chapter 5.25.065 Trespassing Unlawful: No Peddler shall go upon or enter the property or premises of any person or business displaying or posting one or more signs that states, “No Trespassing,” or “No Peddlers,” or “No Soliciting,” or “No Solicitors”.
What to do if a Peddler trespasses on your property:
• Request their Business License #
• Contact the Maple Valley Police @ 425-413-5158 to report a solicitation violation
- Mailbox Replacement Review: The LWHOA Board will be making a determination on which mailboxes to replace this coming year based upon viability, age, location, and cost.
Recology Cleanscapes – Maple Valley residential garbage service includes recycling collection at no extra charge, so if you don’t already have a blue container please request one and Recycle!
Many residents like to walk, run, bike or skateboard using the sidewalks throughout our neighborhood. Come Monday trash pick-up day, though, this is difficult to do with cans blocking the sidewalks. Did you know, that it is permissible by Recology Cleanscapes to place your cans in the street, up against the sidewalk? Please think about placing your cans on the street to allow for sidewalk activity ☺
LAKE WILDERNESS COUNTRY CLUB EVENTS:
The Lake Wilderness Country Club is currently undergoing some dining enhancements, including new items being added to the menu, consistent dining hours, and new venues such as a Jazz band, “Moe Ribbs Blues Band,” who perform on the 1st Friday of the month at 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Their website is www.moeribbsbluesband.com
LWHOA BOARD MEETING LOCATIONS:
Please feel free to attend the monthly HOA Board Meetings, which occur the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:15 p.m. For the months of January, February, and March these will be held at 25512 224th Court SE; across from the 10th green.
The remaining HOA Board Meetings (April, May, July, August, September, October, and November) will be located at the Lake Wilderness Golf Course Clubhouse. We hope to see you!