LAKE WILDERNESS PROJECT UPDATES:
1) Around the Clock will be providing a Release of Liability document to the Board, so that they may obtain signatures from those homeowners who have expressed an interest in maintaining the calming circle at SE 250 th Street. The Board thanks you all again for volunteering to take care of the calming circle!
2) Our landscaping company (Ramo’s Lawn Service) will be removing some shrubs in front of the Lake Wilderness sign (righthand side as you are entering the neighborhood) in April
LAKE WILDERNESS GARAGE SALE:
The neighborhood garage sale is on this year, so let’s do some clean sweeping and make some cash! Please practice social distancing … thank you.
Date: Saturday, 6/5/2021
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Advertising: Lake Wilderness Facebook Page and Craigslist
NEIGHBORHOOD PET ETIQUETTE:
While we love our furry friends, they don’t always understand neighborhood bathroom do’s and don’ts. Please remind them that homeowners work very hard to keep their lawns lush and green (urine kills grass), and that while they may find that lush and green lawn hard to resist, resist they must.
1) Please keep sidewalks clear from overgrown shrubs and overhanging trees. Trim back those trees that hang over sidewalks to a height of at least over 6ft, and trim back any vegetation that has extended onto the sidewalks.
2) Please do not park vehicles on the sidewalks.
Many residents like to walk, run, bike or skateboard using the sidewalks throughout our neighborhood. Come Monday trash pick-up day, though, this is difficult to do with cans blocking the sidewalks. It is acceptable with Recology Cleanscapes to place your cans in the street, up against the sidewalk. Please think about placing your cans on the street to allow for sidewalk activity.
We currently have one available seat on the LWHOA Board
What does it take to be a Board Member on the Lake Wilderness HOA?
1) Attend monthly meetings – 3 rd Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (No meetings June or December). Currently the HOA meetings
2) Participate in Community events such as The National Night Out (Cancelled for 2020 due to Covid)
3) Participate in e-mail correspondence
*Lake Wilderness HOA Board Member terms are for 2 years.
How does being a Lake Wilderness HOA Board Member affect you?
4) Protect Your Property: Being involved with the Lake Wilderness HOA will put you in a better position to make and implement policies in the Community. Some of these policies may directly affect property value, especially if they require decisions about the association’s budget or routine maintenance
5) Meet More of Your Expectations: By serving on the HOA Board, you can achieve your expectations of a more enjoyable Lake Wilderness Community by working with your neighbors
6) Give Back to Your Community: This allows you the opportunity to make good decisions that will have a positive impact on everyone
Volunteers: Another opportunity for residents, besides being an HOA Board Member, is to volunteer for the various committees that the LWHOA oversees such as communication, parking, and landscaping. Thank you, in advance, for considering either becoming an LWHOA Board Member or a Lake Wilderness HOA volunteer!
LWHOA BOARD MEETING UPDATE:
Board meetings are still being held virtually and this may become the new normal of the future. Because of this, we see an opportunity to improve communication for the HOA Board, Lake Wilderness Residents, and Around the Clock. We’d like to ask that you send your e-mail address to James at Around the Clock ( email@example.com ). E-mails will, of course, be kept confidential and will only be used by the HOA and Around the Clock to communicate to the Lake Wilderness Residents.