SPRING 2019 ASSOCIATION REMINDERS
If you haven’t noticed Spring has arrived! Please see the standard measures for house painting, yard maintenance, and trash bins.
Painting of the exterior of the house will be requested if the following are visible:
- Chipped or flaking paint as seen from the curb
- Faded paint as seen from the curb
- Bare wood as seen from the curb
- Chimneys that are discolored on the body of the chimney. Please note: the top portion above the chimney discolors quickly with use and is not to be confused with the body of the chimney
- Mold on the exterior of the house as seen from the curb (power washing is an alternative to remove the mold)
Lawn upgrades will be requested if the:
- Lawn contains weeds as seen from the curb (including clover)
- Lawn contains bare patches of dirt or dead areas as seen from the curb
- Lawn contains moss as seen from the curb
- The lawn must have a trimmed edge on all sides
- Grass is longer than 3 inches
Flowerbed upgrades will be requested if the:
- Flowerbeds contain grass and/or weeds that are visible above and/or around the other vegetation
- Flowerbeds and/or flowerpots contain dead plants
- The flowerbeds must have a defined edge between themselves and the lawn or other areas touching them
Bushes and shrub upgrades will be requested if the:
- Brushes, shrubs and/or plants are dead (removal will be required)
- Bushes and/or shrubs protrude onto the sidewalk (must be cut back flush with the sidewalk)
- Bushes and/or shrubs that are not trimmed and controlled (trimming required)
Tree upgrades will be requested if the:
- Trees overhang the sidewalk (they must be trimmed to 10 feet or more above the sidewalk)
- Trees are dead or a large portion is dying (removal may be required)
- Trees that block street lighting and/or signage (trimming will be required)
Garbage/Yard Waste/Recycling bins should not be visible from the street:
- No portion of the above bins can be seen from the street on non-collection days or before
3PM on the day before collection day
LAKE WILDERNESS GOLF COURSE UPDATE:
Lance Merrihew, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at CourseCo, attended our March HOA meeting.
Lance provided us with a golf course update:
CourseCo will be coordinating non-golf community centric events in order to entice children and women into the world of golf. They’ll be doing junior camps that break barriers – face painting, flashlight Easter egg hunt, neighborhood block parties, and a Christmas theme party.
CourseCo will be making a recommendation to the City of Maple Valley regarding the restaurant by late April/first of May. They would like to keep open lines of communication with the community, and are open to input from the residents.
When asked what CourseCo would like to accomplish by the end of 2019, Lance referenced these items:
- Stable course condition and able to state the greens are the best in the market
- Mutually agreed upon decision regarding the restaurant
- Improved service level
- Improved dispersion of water and improved design
LWHOA ANNUAL GARAGE SALE:
Date: Saturday – June 1 ST , 2019
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Advertisement: The LWHOA Annual Garage Sale will be advertised on Craigslist and the Maple Valley Facebook page
LWHOA BOARD MEETING LOCATION UPDATE:
All HOA Board Meetings will now be held at the Lake Wilderness Golf Course Clubhouse. The HOA Board Meetings occur the 3 rd Wednesday of each month except for June and December and they start at 6 p.m.